Monday, August 31, 2009

Black and White!


“Act like a lady, think like a man” is a nonfiction book by the American comedian Steve Harvey. The title sounds strange and eye-catching and I’ve came across it on an article on the internet about its appearance on Oprah’s show and that’s why I started reading it.

The book talks about how men think, how women act, and how women can deal with men by understanding their mindset.

As of any book that I read, I always take in the aspects of it that fits with my views, personality, and culture and this is what I’ve done when I read it, I kept nodding along to many of the things said there that I found true and fitting. However, I’ve thought how it would be like if an Egyptian comedian wrote a book about the same subject! Can you picture how that would be like? Anyway, I would like to recommend that you read this book and think about the similarities that it has with our culture, that’s the fun of it!

Since the book is about men and women, I’m going to take the opportunity to talk about the subject of “men VS women” as well. It has occupied the minds of many people, writers, and thinkers for a long time. Till now, it seems like they haven’t reached a common ground about it. I think they never will. There will always be some people who think men are better or vice versa. We will always find these articles on the internet or the newspaper about scientists who have a theory that proves that men are actually smarter than women or that women have a higher IQ score! For me, I simply don’t really care about all these views and I think they are just a waste of time.

Men and women, each were created having their own unique responsibilities, duties, features and state of mind. None is better than the other. They are equal concerning their rights as human beings but they can never be the same. They will always be different. That will never change even if men and women turned out, in the future, to be from planet Pluto instead of Mars and Venus!

I like to think of it as the Yin-Yang theory. Women are the Yin – the black part of the circle. Men are the Yang – the white part of the circle. They both complete each other although they are different. The black part of the circle contains a part of the white while the white part of the circle contains a part of the black. That’s what makes the balance. Men and women simply complement one another and have a little of each other within themselves.
How do you like to think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment