Monday, September 14, 2009

The Lands of Forever 2


I went to open the window from a little while. The weather is so hot tonight! I found a slight, cool breeze as I was standing there, looking at the mosque below, hearing them pray the dawn prayer. I looked up, and I couldn’t look down again for the next 5 minutes, till my neck felt pain.

I just couldn’t stop staring at these tiny glitters in the almost black sky, scattered carefully next to a glowing crescent moon, with a small puff of cloud or two.

I’ve always loved looking up at the sky at night, but tonight it just looks different, more magical. It looks as if someone scrubbed the moon and the stars to reveal a glower surface and polished the sky behind them with a darker coating!

I tried to count the stars. 1 2 3…30. No, I thought I messed up so I tried counting them again…32. And again, no, 33! Well, in that range! I couldn’t count them right. It seemed as if each time I tried to count, someone would sprinkle even more stars!

But the same familiar stars stayed there. I could pick out the 3 shiniest stars that form a slightly curved line, and those many, little, dim ones that I’ve always thought they look like a chicken leg! I wonder if they have a name.

Although only a crescent was shining, I still could see the rest dark part of the moon, that waits for someone to turn it on again. Or maybe it already finds peace, beauty and glory in the shadows.

I looked down again, wishing that I could take this section of the sky and stick it in my bedroom ceiling so I could look at it all I want as I lie on my bed.

I went to ask my very own moon if the sky became dark and he could see the crescent, but he said that there is no crescent tonight. Well, I guess it didn’t reach the other side of the world just yet, but I hope it will soon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment